ST ANDREW'S UNITING CHURCH
St Andrews owes its origins to a Sunday School established in 1927 on the verandah of the home of Sister Edith Rennie at what is now 162 Kissing Point Road. Her ill health led to its moving to several other homes over the next few years, and finally in 1930 to the verandah of the Sadd home in Vernon Street.
Then in 1932, an interdenominational Mission Hall was erected by L. M. Pattinson on land he had purchased for the purpose at what is now 106 Kissing Point Road, and the Sunday School moved there.
In 1936, ownership of the Mission Hall was transferred by the Pattinson family to St Margarets Presbyterian Church, Turramurra. St Margarets had been providing the bulk of the resources to run the Mission Hall program since 1930, and continued to support this work.
In 1965, South Turramurra became a separate "charge" of the Presbyterian Church. Rev. Dr. E Roberts-Thomson was called and inducted in September as the first permanent minister.
In 1969, the Mission Hall was sold to finance building on a site at the corner of Chisholm and Vernon Streets. The new hall on the new site was completed and in use in December that year.
The timber A-frame church was opened in 1970, and the adjacent manse was completed in 1973, being handed over to the congregation on 30 November, the date of the retirement of Dr. Roberts-Thompson.
In 1977, with the formation of the Uniting Church in Australia, St Andrews became part of the Parish of Turramurra, together with St Margarets and Trinity (formerly Turramurra Methodist) congregations.
Significant extensions to the Education Centre (the hall adjacent to the church) were completed in 1982, and the "chocolate box", a building which had been temporarily relocated from the Mission Hall site, was finally removed. In 1982 the "Trading Post" also began; In 1983 this was incorporated into the Parish Flea Market. The Neighbourhood Program also began in 1983.
In 1990, an electronic organ was purchased, and dedicated in memory of Rev. Dr. Roberts Thomson. Also in 1990 SASS (St Andrew's Support Services) was constituted.
In 1999, the Parish of Turramurra became a single congregation, incorporating St Andrews. St Margarets and Trinity merged to form the current Turramurra Uniting Church. This congregation was served by a ministry team of three ministers and two youth workers.
On 1 January 2006, St Andrews again became an independent congregation, within the Kuringgai Presbytery of the Uniting Church in Australia. Rev. Hye Kyoung Lee was called as minister, starting on 1 January 2007.
The timber A-frame church building was destroyed by arson on 18 April 2009. A new multi-purpose facility, for both church and community uses, was completed in July 2012.